Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ode to Dior



Ahh Dior. I hold a special place for Dior, I really do. The first designer bag I ever bought was a pink saddlebag with silver coins dangling from the hem...so gaudy and ostentatious yet somehow so perfect. I still have it, though I've put it through the ringer and actually really ruined the hardware. After purchasing, I was informed by my mother that my favorite outfit as a baby was a light purple Dior striped collared shirt....how chic?!
These runway snaps for Spring 2010 remind me of why I love Dior so much--the silky satin look, the unabashed girliness, and the 1940s throwback hair and makeup are a nod to the Dior of yesteryear. To me, Anya and Natasha look like porcelain glam-ice princesses. Love love love.

1 comment:

  1. I have a Ms. Dior fur hat that was Bea's mom's from a hat shop in Washington DC, probably from the 1940s. It's to DIE for. If you're lucky, one day I will let you borrow it.

    ReplyDelete