Friday, February 5, 2010

Fitzgerald Lives!

Ok, so for those who know me, it's no secret that my favorite libro is The Beautiful and Damned by Fitzgerald. Anthony and Gloria are such amazing characters, so consumed by their own vanity to ever truly be feliz. And, no matter how awful they are at times, you still root for them--te quieres them to realize the err of their narcissistic ways and find meaning. Hate to spoil it for you, but none of this happens. They are some selfish bastardos! ALas, Fitzgerald writes beautifully and because of Gloria's conveyed style I have been perusing the internet for flapper pics. All the big fashion houses (Chanel, Balmain, Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Halston) have used flappers/prohibition/roaring 20s as inspiration at some point. I am sensing my next Halloween costume...





No comments:

Post a Comment